21-27 May 2017 | Glasgow (and other locations across Scotland), United Kingdom
for 25 - 30 participants
from Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries Austria, Belgium - DE, Belgium - FL, Belgium - FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Former Yugoslav Republic of, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom
and recommended for
Youth workers, Youth leaders, Youth Policy Makers
Working language(s): English
UK National Agency (National Agency)
This study visit will be taking place in Scotland, UK. It will focus on Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) and other education and training establishments involved in Community Learning and Development (CLD) and Youth Work training programmes.
The project is a follow-up to the successful 2015 University Study Visit in England. It intends to promote international work and intercultural competence within Higher Education and other institutions that offer programmes in youth and community work. Through linking youth and community work programmes to Erasmus+, European policy and the European Training Strategy, it aims towards recognition of Non-Formal Learning and greater professionalisation of youth workers and youth work training. It also links to the ‘Among Others’ project, held in co-operation between the Czech, Hungarian, Irish, Polish and UK National Agencies.
- To look at different ways that Scottish Community Learning and Development (CLD) courses, which includes youth and community work, incorporate international work and intercultural competence modules.
- To share experiences from participants’ countries of how international work and intercultural competence are incorporated into their youth and community work courses
- To create links between youth and community work/ CLD faculties and European programmes (particularly Erasmus+), European policy, and the European Youth Strategy.
The Study Visit programme will include visits to:
- University of the West of Scotland (Hamilton Campus)
- University of Dundee
- Other Scottish Universities/HEIs offering youth work degrees
- CLD Standards Council (youth work education regulatory body)
- Youthlink Scotland (national agency for youth work)
- Colleges and voluntary sector / local authority youth work training and practice providers
We welcome applications from representatives of Higher Education Institutions and other training and education establishments working with youth work/Community Learning and Development. This includes university/college teachers, training providers, course co-ordinators, post-graduate students and other staff members interested in implementing education programmes for Youth and Community Work across Europe. We also welcome applications from:
- representatives of National Agencies for Erasmus+
- representatives of local authorities
- representatives of accrediting bodies, youth councils and similar agencies dealing with youth worker education
- youth workers
Please note that 21/05/2017 and 27/05/2017 are arrival/departure days.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project - except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Note: Hungarian applicants are expected to apply on a Hungarian and on an English application form, too.
Hungarian application form, more information and conditions:
Kódszám a jelentkezéshez: 16137
Application deadline: 3 April 2017
Date of selection: 21 April 2017
Contact for questions:
Gulácsi Ildikó / Ms Ildikó Gulácsi
TCA koordinátor / TCA coordinator
ERASMUS+ IFJÚSÁG / ERASMUS+ YOUTH
Tempus Közalapítvány / Tempus Public Foundation
1077 Budapest, Kéthly Anna tér 1.
1438 Budapest 70, Pf. 508.
T: (+36 1) 237 1300