Seminar / Conference
23-28 April 2017 | Prague, Czech Republic
This Seminar / Conference is for 30 participants
from Czech Republic, Hungary, Ireland, Poland, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom
and recommended for
Trainers, Lecturers and HE staff involved with youth work and teaching programmes within higher education
Working language(s): English
Centre for International Cooperation in Education (CZ NA) (National Agency)
This seminar will be held within the long-term TCA project ‘Among Others’, aimed at exploring how non-formal methods can be used to enhance and develop intercultural competence in higher education.
The seminar will be an opportunity to review the project’s progress (the project’s origins go back to 2011) and to review its framework considering newest developments in the field of Intercultural Competence (ICC) and current European Union policy priorities.
- To develop intercultural competence of future youth workers and teachers to improve the quality of youth work
- To introduce non-formal education and international co-operation into higher education
- To encourage the use of Erasmus+ Youth Programme in working with young people
1. To share the context, ideas, resources and outcomes of national project activities
2. To identify ways of improving the recognition of Intercultural Competence (ICC) and NFL (Non-formal learning) within Higher Education
3. To develop the project’s sustainability notably through the establishment of a network /community of practice
4. To review the concept of ICC within the European Training Strategy (ETS)
5. To evaluate the 2016-2017 phase of the project
Target groups of the seminar:
- Trainers involved in the national project activities
- Staff of Higher Education Institutions and other providers of youth worker education and training, interested in the development of Intercultural Competence and use of non-formal methods
- Trainers and facilitators involved in developing Intercultural Competence in non-formal education
- NA representatives/Coordinators.
Participants should be available to actively attend the full duration of the seminar, motivated to prepare themselves before the seminar, aged 18+ and able to communicate and work in English.
Application deadline: 1 March 2017
Date of selection: 8 March 2017
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project - except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
HOW TO APPLY
Note: Hungarian applicants are expected to apply on a Hungarian and on an English application form, too.
Hungarian application form, more information and conditions:
Kódszám a jelentkezéshez: 16089
For any questions or more information please contact:
Pável Luca / Ms. Luca Pável
Junior pályázati referens / Junior Programme Officer
ERASMUS+ IFJÚSÁG / ERASMUS+ YOUTH
Tempus Közalapítvány / Tempus Public Foundation
T: (+36 1) 237 1300 | F: (+36 1) 239 1329