20-25 March 2017 | Estonia
The training course “Newcomers in EVS” will guide the representatives of the newly accredited EVS organisations towards better understanding of the different quality aspects of EVS and support their partnership building for future co-operations.
European Voluntary Service has a great potential to:
- support the competence development of young people,
- bring new ideas and perspectives to the organisations and
- enhance societies intercultural learning and foster tolerance.
But this will not happen, if organisations do not participate in projects or if the projects are lacking the quality.
This training course has been developed in order to help the organisations to get started with first EVS projects, to plan the volunteers´ activities in quality way and to support the development of future EVS projects. The approach the TC is based on reflection of ones´ organisation reality, theoretical inputs and practical tools. Throughout the process attention will be kept on the basics and essence of EVS, reality of the EVS and on partnership building. In this way the training course will prepare the future receiving, sending and coordinating organisations for the different situations they may face and will support the realisation of the positive potential that EVS has for volunteers, organisations and local community.
Expected learning outcomes are:
- Participants understand the concept of EVS as a learning service and as a tool for intercultural learning;
- Participants are able to plan the volunteers work based on quality criteria’s (variety of tasks; “human contact”, impact on the local community; provide learning possibilities)
- Participants understand the different roles in EVS partnership and available support system;
- Participants understand which are the possible risks in EVS process and how to minimalize these.
Target group of the training course are representatives of the organisations who:
- have EVS accreditation or are in the process of getting the accreditation
- do not have previous experiences of carrying out an EVS project
- ideally accredited for multiple roles (SO, CO, RE)
This Training Course is
for 30 participants
from Austria, Croatia, Cyprus, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania
and recommended for
Youth workers, Project managers, EVS mentors/tutors, Representatives of the EVS organisations
Working language(s): English
Estonian National Agency of Erasmus+ Programme (National Agency)
Latvian and Lithuanian National Agencies of Erasmus+ Programme (National Agency)
Croatian National Agency of Erasmus+ Programme (National Agency)
German National Agency of Erasmus+ Programme (National Agency)
Before applying please contact the NA of your residence country to check if it is involved in this concrete project and committed to cover travel costs. NB! Learn about possible participation fee and other relevant rules.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project - except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Note: Hungarian applicants are expected to apply on a Hungarian and on an English application form, too.
Hungarian application form, more information and conditions:
Kódszám a jelentkezéshez: 16086
Application deadline: 29 January 2017
Date of selection: 8 February 2017
For any questions or more information please contact:
Szabó-Nagy Attila / Mr Attila Szabó-Nagy
Pályázati Referens / Programe Officer
ERASMUS+ IFJÚSÁG / ERASMUS+ YOUTH
Tempus Közalapítvány / Tempus Public Foundation
T: (+36 1) 237 1300 | F: (+36 1) 239 1329