26 April - 2 May 2017 | Dresden, Germany
This Training Course is for 24 participants
from Russian Federation, Eastern Partnership countries Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries Austria, Belgium - DE, Belgium - FL, Belgium - FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Former Yugoslav Republic of, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom
and recommended for
Working language(s): English
JUGEND für Europa (National Agency)
SALTO Training & Cooperation Resource Centre (SALTO)
Training for Trainers on integrating a political dimension into the trainers’ work based on the ETS competence model for trainers working at international level.
GIn the context of the European Training Strategy (ETS) the SALTO Training & Cooperation Resource Centre (SALTO T&C RC) developed the Competence Model for Trainers Working at International Level - www.salto-youth.net/trainercompetences.
The ‘COMETS training courses’ were developed as a support for trainers in their competence development, each course focusing on one competence area of the above-mentioned model.
Hence, with this call, JUGEND für Europa, the German National Agency for Erasmus+ Youth in Action together with SALTO T&C RC invite trainers to take part in this third edition of COMETS: ‘Integrating a political dimension into the trainers’ work’.
This particular competence from the model encompasses the following competences:
• Linking (youth) policies and educational programmes
• Integrating political values and beliefs in the context of the trainers work
• Supporting learners in developing political thinking
• Applying democracy and human rights principles
Taking the above into account, the intentions of the course are:
• To explore what are the personal, internal and external influences on the role of trainers (politics, policies, environment, social and economical contexts, etc.);
• To reflect and share on the notions of ethics and ethos of trainers;
• To work on the attitudes of trainers with regards to authenticity, openness, curiosity and dealing with personally challenging values and beliefs;
• To reflect on and explore the limits of the ‘political role of trainers’ in their practice;
• To reflect on human rights principles and human rights education in the work of trainers.
COMETS training courses intend principally to offer trainers a space to reflect, exchange and contrast their practice and understanding with regard to a certain ETS competence area. The main purpose is to enable participants to take further steps in their professional practice.
No matter the focus on each course, COMETS are all based on a series of principles, which are:
• Awareness: me – the group – the field – the context;
• Readiness to question and to review practice;
• Readiness to stretch boundaries;
• Being explicit about choices as trainers;
• Integrity: Walk the talk!
• Giving space to the whole person: body - mind - soul - heart;
• Awareness: Being here as learner in a community of learners;
• Giving to Caesar what’s Caesars’: acknowledging [re]sources of practice.
The team of trainers for this COMETS edition are Gisele Evrard Markovic and Nik Paddison.
Following the selection process, the training team will contact the participants with specific information and tasks regarding the further development of the programme. This is to ensure that the needs of the participants will be taken into account in order to maximise the potential the course offers.
COMETS is a training for trainers format which will, in the forthcoming years, provide trainers, being advanced in the implementation of international trainings for youth workers, with opportunities to come together to reflect upon, discuss and develop further on different competence areas of the ETS competence model.
In the context of COMETS, ‘advanced’ means that the trainer-learner has the capacity to direct his/her own learning and in particular, the ability to self-assess his/her own competences.
The general aims of the COMETS training courses are:
• To contribute to quality development of youth work and of training practise in the field;
• To put the ETS competence model into practice;
• To support National Agencies and other youth sector organizations in working with trainers on competence development;
• To contribute to the professional development of trainers in the field.
Please find attached the guiding principles developed for the COMETS training courses and at www.salto-youth.net/COMETS further information around the series of COMETS.
Please find here further material for reading: The ETS competence model for trainers working at international level www.salto-youth.net/trainercompetences
In cooperation with some Erasmus+: Youth in Action National Agencies SALTO T&C RC has developed a strategy to provide opportunities for trainers to develop their competences according to their needs and needs of training providers like National Agencies. Please find more information on www.salto-youth.net/trainercompetencedevelopment
Application deadline: 19 February 2017
Date of selection: 28 February 2017
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO involved in this project - except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
HOW TO APPLY
Note: Hungarian applicants are expected to apply on a Hungarian and on an English application form, too.
Hungarian application form, more information and conditions:
Kódszám a jelentkezéshez: 16029
For any questions or more information please contact:
Pável Luca / Ms. Luca Pável
Junior pályázati referens / Junior Programme Officer
ERASMUS+ IFJÚSÁG / ERASMUS+ YOUTH
Tempus Közalapítvány / Tempus Public Foundation
T: (+36 1) 237 1300 | F: (+36 1) 239 1329