23 September 2016 - 25 June 2017 | Hungary, Germany, Italy
for 24 participants
from Belgium - FL, Belgium - FR, Bulgaria, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Turkey
and recommended for
Working language(s): English
Host NAs in Hungary, Germany and Italy (National Agency)
The major aim of this training course is to train trainers who have the competences and the motivation to contribute to the improvement of the quality of projects within the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme of the European Union.
This Training of Trainers lasts a year and consists of
• three residential seminars
• an international training project you design and run with some other participants
• ongoing e-learning
• ongoing mentoring with one of the course trainers as your mentor
• learning commitments
The dates for the three residential seminars are:
1st seminar 23 September - 2 October 2016 in Budapest, Hungary.
2nd seminar 20 -29 January 2017 in Cologne, Germany
3rd seminar 18-25 June 2017 in Calabria, Italy.
This course requires a considerable time investment from the participants: in total you should plan at least 55 days:
• 28 seminar days (including travel)
• 12 days overall for the training project (preparatory work, prep meeting and the course itself)
• 15 days (on average 1-2 days per month) for following the personal learning commitments, the online work, peer learning, mentor talks etc.
Within this Training of Trainers course (ToT-course) participants have the chance to further develop their competences as a trainer. In line with the European Training Strategy in the frame of Erasmus+: Youth in Action programme the ToT-course considers the following competences to be essential when working as a non-formal education trainer within the Youth in Action programme:
• The competence to understand and facilitate individual and group learning processes.
• The competence to design educational programmes.
• The competence to direct one´s own learning (Learning to Learn)
• The competence to co-operate successfully in teams.
• The competence to communicate meaningfully with others.
• Intercultural competence.
Participants enter the ToT-course with various levels of prior experience as trainer as well as competences developed - consequently, the learning needs of participants are different. The educational approach implemented in the ToT-course intends to allow for these different learning needs to be identified and pursued. At the core of this process is the competence of the participant to direct his/her own learning. The group as a source for peer learning and the trainers as facilitators of these learning processes are essential pillars of this approach.
Participants are expected
• To have been already involved at least three times in a team of trainers designing, implementing and evaluating a training course in the framework of Non-Formal Education.
• To have had international experience in the youth work field with a function of responsibility (not only as a participant) – organising international youth projects, leading a youth exchange, mentoring EVS volunteers, etc.
• To have the potential and need to develop training competences and act after the course as a trainer for European Erasmus+: Youth in Action projects and/or for training courses organised by the National Agencies of the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme.
• To show initiative and willingness to self-direct their own learning process.
• To be prepared to reflect on and question their own beliefs and approaches as trainers.
• To be able to run training courses in English.
Further information can be found at www.salto-youth.net/ToT
Application deadline: 31 May 2016
Date of selection: 30 June 2016
Note: Hungarian applicants are expected to apply on a Hungarian and on an English application form, too.
Hungarian application form, more information and conditions:
Kódszám a jelentkezéshez: 16007
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project - except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country.
Please contact your NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Contact for questions:
Képzési és információs munkacsoport-vezeto
Coordinator of the Training and Information Team
Család-, Ifjúság- és Népesedéspolitikai Intézet
Institute for Family, Youth and Population Policy
1134 Budapest, Tüzér utca 33-35.
Tel: +36 1 237 6762