11-18 May 2016 | Mollina (Málaga), Spain
This Training Course is for 24 participants participants from YOUTH IN ACTION PROGRAMME COUNTRIES
Recommended for Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders, EVS mentors/tutors, People doing activities with youngsters and interested in improving their competences in music as a working tool
Working language: English
Spanish National Agency (National Agency)
European Training course for youth workers to explore the power of music in non formal education activities with young people with different aims (to relax, to activate, to cooperate, to reflect, etc)
While doing activities with young people, it is very common to use music in a bigger or smaller scale, and in a more conscious or unconscious way. The music can influence the atmosphere that is created in a group, it can transmit emotions and/or words, it can be a fundamental part of one activity or even affect in a negative way when we are not using the right music for the situation.
The conscious use of music, the awareness of its impact on emotions (for the good or for the bad), the right choice for the different moments, the options about public use (copyright, creative commons licenses), the digital tools to work with music, etc… are different aspects not always known and successfully used by trainers, youth leaders and/or workers in the field of youth.
Therefore, the purpose of this training is to develop the participants’ competences in the use of music as a powerful tool in non-formal education activities with young people.
The objectives are as follows:
1. Provide participants with a theoretical framework of music and its influence on our body and our emotions.
2. Create awareness of the influence and the impact music can have (both positive and negative) in the participants’ mood, during the development of non-formal educational activities (NFE).
3. Develop the skills of the participants in the creation of thematic musical sets ordered by purpose (eg. music for teamwork, for reflection, for energizing, for creating groups,...)
4. Develop the ability of participants to create atmospheres using music (e.g.: selection of the adequate music, distribution of the space in the room, temperature,) that boost the learning experience of young people in NFE activities
5. Provide the participants with digital tools related to music (to create playlists, edit, search, playback, music without royalty)
6. Support participants in the creation of their own soundtracks for their workshops, youth exchanges or trainings.
7. Provide a space to exchange experiences and resources between participants about the use of music.
8. Discover the value of Erasmus +: Youth in Action, as a program for developing youth activities.
The course will be inspired in the principles of NFE (e.g.: participant centered approach, flexibility of the training program, group as a mutual learning resource, trainers as facilitators of the learning process, holistic approach, etc) and experiential learning.
The course will combine a wide range of methods coming from the NFE sector together with other techniques coming from the music therapy and the art therapy fields. At this respect it is important to remark that some sessions with music in the course may have certain influence on the participants’ emotions. Please be aware of that.
The course will be eminently practical but brief inputs will set the framework in different moments across the learning process.
There will be flexibility to adapt to the needs of the group and their motivations, within reasonable limits.
The music will not be treated only as theoretical contents to discuss about, but it will be used systematically during the course. Case studies will be conducted to show what may be the most interesting themes according to the purpose and/or situation. Please, also note that this training will not going deep on different DJ tools and APPS for mixing music but more how to use the music with different aims with young people.
Application deadline: 30 March 2016
Date of selection: 6 April 2016
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel,etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details.
Note: Hungarian applicants are expected to apply on a Hungarian and on an English application form, too.
Hungarian application form, more information and conditions:
Kódszám a jelentkezéshez: 16124
For any questions or more information please contact:
programkoordinátor / programme coordinator
NCSSZI - Erasmus+ Ifjúsági Programiroda
NIFSP - Erasmus+ Youth National Agency
HU-1134 Budapest, Tüzér utca 33-35.
Tel: +36 1 237 6766 | Fax: +36 1 237 6760