Learning Pathways to Social Cohesion - Synergies between Formal and Non Formal Education
2nd EUSDR Youth Platform
Seminar / Conference
17-19 May 2016 | Vienna, Austria
for 60 participants from:
Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Ukraine
and recommended for:
Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders, Project managers, Youth Policy Makers, Teachers, Educators from the formal education field
Working language(s): English
Austrian Erasmus+: YiA NA (National Agency)
SALTO SEE (SALTO)
Hungarian & Slovak Erasmus+ YiA National Agencies
The 2nd EUSDR* Youth Platform aims at bringing together educators from the non-formal and formal education field, who have already cooperated in common projects, in order to exchange, reflect and value the cross-sectoral cooperation in the Danube Region.
After the kick-off event – “Learning Pathways to Social Cohesion – 1st EUSDR Youth Platform” held in December 2014 in Vienna, the thematic follow up will bring together around 70 educators and experts from the Danube Region countries.
This time, the conference addresses a more narrow target group to contribute to a more specific content: Educators from the formal and non-formal education field who already have done (or are concretely planning to do) a common, cross-sectoral project are invited to promote the added value of such cross-sectoral cooperation.
The exchange of participants experiences on challenges and achievements as well as inputs in various workshops (on digital activism, radicalisation/extremism and young people in the region, supporting social entrepreneurship capacities of young people, from practice to advocacy) shall contribute to a fruitful event and lead to new motivation and ideas.
An input on policy level on the Danube Region Strategy (PA 9 Investing in People and Skills http://www.peopleandskills-danuberegion.eu/) will complete the programme.
Based upon the outcomes of the 1st platform meeting, the following aims and intentions are defined:
Aims of the 2nd EUSDR Youth Platform:
• Promote the added value of cooperation between actors of the formal and non-formal education in addressing the challenges young people face, thus contributing to social cohesion in the Danube Region
• Explore needs and further steps for cooperation between educational sectors
• Creating a space for dialogue and reflection to share experiences and perspectives on learning pathways of young people and their relevance for social cohesion
• Exchanging about the general conditions and specific challenges faced when working in a cross-sectoral project
• Get new ideas, inputs and motivation for further work
• Exploring possible funding opportunities within ERASMUS+ and other funding schemes relevant for the Danube region.
• Educators from formal and/or non-formal education field who already did a common, cross-sectoral project
• Educators from formal and/or non-formal education field who are planning to set up a cross-sectoral project
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course means that all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project - except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Application deadline: 15 March 2016
Date of selection: 15th April 2016
Note: Hungarian applicants are expected to apply BOTH on a Hungarian and on an English application form.
Hungarian application form, more information and conditions:
Project code by the Hungarian NA: 15002
For more information please contact:
Család-, Ifjúság és Népesedéspolitikai Intézet
Erasmus+ Ifjúsági Programiroda
Erasmus+ Youth National Agency
1134 Budapest, Tüzér utca 33-35.
Tel: +36 1 237 6765