Non-Formal Learning in Higher Education: Developing Intercultural Competence (Uni&NFL)
Seminar / Conference
19-23 April 2016 | Birmingham, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 18 February 2016
Date of selection: 1 March 2016
For 24 participants participants
from Czech Republic, Hungary, Ireland, Poland, Turkey, United Kingdom
Trainers, Staff of Higher Education Institutions
Working language: English
Organizer: UK National Agency for Erasmus+ (National Agency)
The UK National Agency is a partnership between the British Council and Ecorys UK.
Czech, Hungarian, Irish, Polish and Turkish National Agencies of Erasmus+ (National Agency)
Salto Cultural Diversity (SALTO)
This seminar will be held within the long-term TCA project ‘Among Others’, aimed at exploring how non-formal methods can be used to enhance and develop intercultural competence in higher education.
The seminar will be an opportunity to review the project’s progress (the project’s origins go back to 2011) and to review its framework considering newest developments in the field of Intercultural Competence (ICC) and current European Union policy priorities, including diversity, inclusion, migration and asylum issues.
- To introduce non-formal education and international cooperation into higher education;
- To develop intercultural competence of future youth workers and teachers to improve the quality of youth work
- To encourage the use of Erasmus+ Youth Programme in working with young people.
1. To share the context, ideas, resources and outcomes of national project activities
2. To identify ways of improving the recognition of Intercultural Competence (ICC) and NFL (Non-formal learning) within Higher Education
3. To develop the project’s sustainability notably through the establishment of a network /community of practice
4. To review the concept of ICC within the European Training Strategy (ETS)
5. To evaluate the 2015-2016 phase of the project
Target groups of the seminar:
- Trainers involved in the national project activities
- Staff of Higher Education Institutions and other providers of youth worker education and training, interested in the development of Intercultural Competence and use of non-formal methods
- Trainers and facilitators involved in developing Intercultural Competence in non-formal education
- NA representatives/Coordinators
Participants should be available to actively attend the full duration of the seminar, motivated to prepare themselves before the seminar, aged 18+ and able to communicate and work in English.
This seminar is open to residents of the Erasmus+ Programme Countries participating in the project: Czech Republic, Hungary, Ireland, Poland, Turkey and the UK.
(participants are expected to arrive on 19 April by 2 PM; departures are planned on the 23 April after lunch).
Before applying please contact the NA of your residence country to check if it is involved in this concrete project and committed to cover travel costs. NB! Learn about possible participation fee and other relevant rules.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project - except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
This training activity is funded by: The Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme
Note: Hungarian applicants are expected to apply on a Hungarian and on an English application form, too.
Hungarian application form, more information and conditions:
Project code by the Hungarian NA: 15085
For any questions or more information please contact:
NCSSZI - Erasmus+ Ifjúsági Programiroda
NIFSP - Erasmus+ Youth National Agency
1134 Budapest, Tüzér utca 33-35.
Tel: +36 1 237 6765