17-22 April 2016 | Borovets, Bulgaria
This Training Course is
for 26 participants
from Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries Austria, Belgium - DE, Belgium - FL, Belgium - FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Former Yugoslav Republic of, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom
and recommended for
Youth workers, Youth leaders, Representatives of organisations
Working language(s): English
Organizer: Erasmus+ National Agency, Human Resource Development Centre, Bulgaria (National Agency)
Empowering youth organizations to be active and sustainable in the process of defending causes and positions. Organizations understand their role in policy making and international youth work for better Europe for youth.
The training program will develop the capacity of youth organizations to be sustainable and active in the process of protecting causes and defending positions; to develop youth workers in understanding the processes of lobbying and advocacy and confidence to use the tools in these fields; to strengthens the awareness of organizations for their role in the creation of policies at national and international level.
The training is conducted twice at national level gathering numerous youth organizations, supporting them in increasing their capacity. The programme is prepared in order to share best practices developed and adapted during the application of Varna for European Youth Capital. This training transmits the entire experience of the team from the first application until winning the title for 2017.
The main directions of the program are:
• Promote the importance of youth opinion in the process of decision-making at local, national and international level;
• Increase the organizational capacity and independence through enhancing the competencies of youth leaders in the structured dialogue, lobbying and advocacy;
• Ensuring the development of active citizenship, democratic principles and the responsibility of youth organizations and informal youth groups.
The framework of the training course is:
Make the youth voice valuable in the decision making processes in local, national and international level;
Strengthen organizational capacity and autonomy by building capacity of youth leader in the topics of structured dialogue of lobbying and advocacy;
Ensuring the development of active participation and democratic principles and responsibility in youth organizations and non-formal youth groups.
Objectives of the training course:
1. To help youth organizations improve their work through specific studies and actions designed to fill in their gaps in information, material means and assertiveness in the topics of structured dialogue of lobbying and advocacy;
2. To empower youth leaders to conduct lobby activities so as to encourage initiative taking in social sphere and build further awareness;
3. To help NGO’s improve their ability to participate in the structured dialogue process and to encourage them to participate in the decision making processes;
4. To engage in cooperation with international organizations pursuing similar ends and join networks that may contribute to its functions.
The training is suitable for members for youth organizations (youth workers, youth leaders, volunteers, project coordinators etc.) with interest to develop their competencies in the field of Lobbying and Advocacy. Training can be very beneficial for organizational board members, decision makers and presidents who want to strengthen their organizational capacity to work on higher level in influencing youth policies and strategies.
Training overview: http://trainings.salto-youth.net/5505
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs - except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses. (Note for sending NAs: This activity is financed by TCA 2015)
Note: Hungarian applicants are expected to apply on a Hungarian and on an English application form, too.
Hungarian application form, more information and conditions:
Kódszám a jelentkezéshez: 15044
Application deadline: 6 March 2016
Date of selection: 15 March 2016
Contact for questions:
Co-ordinator of the Applications Team
Család-, Ifjúság- és Népesedéspolitikai Intézet
Institute for Family, Youth and Population Policy
HU-1134 Budapest, Tüzér utca 33-35.
Tel: +36 1 237 6762